Let’s be honest with ourselves – our cars are like our home away from home. We’re in the things an awful lot, commuting to and from work, running errands, taking our family out on their business. We spend most of our lives anywhere but our actual homes, but it’s only our actual homes that we seem able to keep in pristine condition. Perhaps these go hand in hand and make sense really.
But we all hate it when our cars begin to smell unpleasant, seem worn down and dirty, and downright not in new condition. This is why when we have to travel, we actually don’t mind luxuriating in a rental car – they always smell and feel like new, just like good hotel rooms do.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could make our own cars feel like new? Well, of course, a good body shop and detailer can actually do this, albeit for a hefty price. Well, most of us can’t afford that sort of thing, not with the ongoing costs of living, regardless the economic climate of any given time.
Thankfully, there are various things that can be done to achieve a more like-new look, feel and experience for your vehicle. A lot of them are very affordable, though we’ll be looking at a range of cheap to costly solutions, all of which are still cheaper than having restoration services done, by a landslide.
- Cleaning and Organizing – This is the most obvious solution, but you’d be amazed at the improvement simple cleaning and organizing can do. You’ll feel like your car is so much roomier, and in such better condition by simply getting all the trash, clutter and dirt out. Vacuum, dust, and of course, any leather-like surfaces should get a fresh coat of Armorall or something similar. Complete this with a nice air freshener – new car smell is an obvious but great choice to achieve the desired effect.
- New Floor Mats – Floor mats get worn out and cultivate stains over time, and a lot of smells tend to breed in them. New floor mats can go a long way towards a newer-feeling environment.
- New Windshield Wipers and Clean Windows – Your windshield is contributing to your car’s aged, worn down vibe, even if you don’t realize it. You can think you have pristine visibility until you actually experience the pristine visibility fresh blades and wipers can provide. Further this with properly-cleaned windows – inside and out – with good glass cleaner and a non-abrasive chamois.
- Dent and Scratch Repair – You can DIY some of this, but it’s best to have dents and scratches dealt with by a proper body shop. Dents, where the paint isn’t damaged, can be fixed with paintless dent removal, too.
- Maintenance – Maintain a newer feel and handling by regularly changing your oil, topping off your fluids, and having a skilled mechanic do regular tune-ups and conditioning!
- Seat and Carpet Shampooing – Having your seats and carpets regularly shampooed can keep them feeling and looking new. It’s not that expensive, but it’s not cheap either.
- Upgrade Your Systems – Modernizing your car’s systems, such as adding dash displays and mobile interfaces, new sound systems and so on, while frills, do make for a modern, newer-feeling vehicle.
- Replacing Beat Up Components – Replacing beat up panels, fenders, bumpers, hub caps and other components obviously makes for a newer feel.
- New Paint Job – A new paint job will make your car look new – there’s a reason classic cars, restored, look so cherry.
- New Wheels – A smoother ride, which is like visibility in you noticing it only when you get it back – can be achieved with new wheels.
To learn more ways to get more life and a better experience from your vehicle, call us or fill out our contact form today!