COVID-19, commonly known as coronavirus, is having a major effect on business around the world. Elmer Auto Body’s leadership is closely following developments and we want you to know that we continue to operate our business as usual. In addition, we have business continuity plans in place and we are taking steps to ensure the safety of our employees, as well as the uninterrupted operation of our business, systems, and support for them.
Here are some of the things we’re doing to continue to provide outstanding service to our employees and clients:
- Allowing customers to have their car repaired without human contact. (Please call or chat with us online)
- Keeping our offices clean and safe
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning surfaces like door handles, countertops, etc.
- Increasing the availability of hand sanitizer throughout offices.
- Encouraging employees to stay home if they don’t feel well and to work from home when possible if they are taking care of someone who is ill or if they have been exposed to someone who has the virus.
As we continue to monitor the evolving situation, we ask you to consider taking precautions when you go about your daily lives.
Here are some suggestions:
- We are fortunate to live in an age when technology allows us many options for interacting with our clients. Whenever possible, we suggest you take advantage of those options and expand your use of phone and email correspondence as well as online technologies such as Zoom, GoToMeeting, Skype, FaceTime, etc. in favor of in-person meetings.
- When face-to-face interactions are necessary, use hand sanitizer and offer it to clients and prospects before and after your visit.
- Refrain from shaking hands.
- Try to use social distancing techniques to minimize the risk of transmitting the virus.
- Use sanitizing wipes to clean any shared items, such as pens, tablets, keyboards, etc.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website (www.cdc.gov) for more information about the virus and how to deal with it.
Elmer’s Auto Body is proactively taking steps to keep our employees and customers safe while remaining committed to our mission to serve our clients and prospects in providing solutions to protect the things that matter to them.
Your health is very important to us and we will continue to provide you with updates.